Monday, January 9, 2012

Tote

After making the cute little totes for my granddaughters, I decided to make me a big one for hauling various stuff in. I had a Chez Moi charm pack and one yard of fabric from the line, so from the stash it came and a fun tote was born. I didn't have a pattern, I just started stitching and this is what I came up with. It has a large pocket on the inside for carrying little things, like rotary cutters, pins, scissors, rulers, etc. It would make a pretty good shopping tote too!

Here it is all loaded and ready to go to a class at my guild yesterday. We worked with 2 1/2" strips or Jelly Rolls. There were some really fun ideas, but of course, my camera was languishing here on my desk, instead of in the cute tote. :~) I didn't get a whole lot done, mostly just talking, laughing and playing with my 2 1/2" scraps. I made up a couple of blocks from some of the ideas, finally settling on what I wanted to do. I will show you what I am making when I get a little further along on it.

I am hoping to get the final border on "Blackberry Twilight" (aka, purple stars), today. Maybe even get the back made and loaded onto SuzyQ!

Have a great day, filled with things and people that you love!

Hugs&Stitches, Jul♥a

No comments:

Post a Comment