Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Home Machine Quilt Show in Salt Lake City, UT

I had a blast at the HMQS in Salt Lake City, UT! This is my first year to go and it was so much fun that I will be going again next year. I didn't take any classes but, three of my friends did, after hearing about all that they learned I will definitely be taking some classes next year. I think that I would actually save money by taking the classes instead of hitting the vendors booths for two straight days! Eep!! While the others were in classes that left two of us hanging out together. Let's just say the two of us should not be left alone together! LOL We both had smokin' wallets! As it was a machine quilting show, there were a lot of booths with machine quilting related items. I did buy some new pantos, some templates, rulers etc. Now just to have time to play with them and see what I can create. I am going to load a piece of practice fabric on SuzyQ and play one of these days.

I am still working on the three birthday quilts in every spare minute that I can find. I finished piecing the top of one of them last night. I also prepared the backing for it. I just have to do borders on another one and prepare the backing for it. Then on to SuzyQ they will go. :~) While at the quilt show, I did find the perfect fabric for my Dad's birthday quilt. He is a golfer and I was able to find some fun golf fabrics that are not juvenile. I just have to decide on a pattern now.

I took lots of pictures of the show. I will share them later. Right now I will leave you with a picture of the quilt that won best of show. This picture doesn't really do it justice. It was absolutely stunning! Be sure to click on the picture to enlarge it.

Can I just say WOW!!! I just kept going back to it to study and stare! There is just so much detail. It is a whole cloth quilt, quilted with metallic thread and little sparklys added here and there. It is a tribute to the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Amazing!!!!! This kind of a machine quilter I will never be! She paints pictures with thread, a true artist!

Hugs&Stitches, Jul♥a

No comments:

Post a Comment