Friday, March 2, 2012

Thanksgiving & Slothful Blogger

My goodness, I am a slothful blogger. Where does the time go??? I am not sure how I let so much time pass between my posts. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution. (lol--we'll see, I usually am not very good at resolutions)

I still have 2 spots open on my Pay it Forward. Come on, join up!!!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was really nice. We had all of our children here with us. My DD had to go to work around 2:00 and as I am her babysitter, the baby stayed with me and Grampy. That was a little strange to have her leave before the day was over. But, all in all, it was a wonderful day. For a change I didn't over eat!!! YAY!!!

Are you all busy, stitching away for Christmas? I have made a quilt for my DGD, my youngest son and for my Sis. I haven't taken all of the pics yet, but I do have a pic of my Sis's quilt to share with you. The blocks are from the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler pattern. I did the quilting in the alternate squares with my embroidery machine. I did just a simple meander in the rest of it. The embroidery is in the corner squares on the outer border also. You can click on the picture to see some of the detail. I actually took the picture in October, so I was still able to hang it on the clothesline for the picture. It is sooooooo cold here now, no snow though. I sure wish it would snow. Not only do I love snow for Christmas, but we desperately need the moisture.

I received an email with my Winter Four Season Quilt Swap partner. Yippeeeee!! I am so excited. I missed the Autumn swap. Does anyone know how I can get the logo for my sidebar?

Well, I had better get busy before it is time to go and pick up my little man from school.
Have a great quilty day everyone!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment