Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vintage Rick Rack & Baseball


This wonderful little pile of vintage goodness, came from my Mother. My Mom and Dad live right next door to us. Their basement was packed with stuff in storage. My Mom always said that she didn't want us to go through any of it until she was gone. Well, life happens and plans need to be changed. Their basement was flooded Saturday so we had to do a major clean up down there. Hence, we had to sort through everything. I found this old rick rack stored in an old shoe box. It smells a little musty, but other than that it is in great shape. I think that my Mom saved everything that she has ever purchased in her 76 years on this earth. :) She was a very accomplished crocheter, her doilies are works of art. I did manage to get a couple of those too. But anyway, I think that she had about 200 balls of crochet cotton. Some of them brand new with the wrappers still on them. I saved several of those too. I just might try my hand at making a doily or two myself.

We have been spending a lot of time at the ball fields watching this darling little man of ours play ball. This is his first year and he looks so cute out there. I LOVE baseball so this is lots of fun for me.

Today is the last day for signing up for my give-away, leave a comment on the give-away post below. The drawing for the winner will be tomorrow.

Hugs & Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment