Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Table Topper

When I was moving the furniture in my sewing room and doing some cleaning I found a little project that I started a year or so ago. I was going to make an entire lap quilt using a little Tumbler template. I must have been insane! Now, making quilts from little, tiny, 1 inch pieces may be alright for some of you, but not for me! I had some of them pieced together already, added a border and some applique and Voila!!!!

A cute little doll quilt was born. It is now adorning the end table next to our couch. I do want to make a tumbler quilt, but it will be with a bigger template. The tiny template was just to darn cute to resist though. :~)

I also discovered that my string/scrap bin was totally full. I have vowed that I will not quit making string/crumb blocks until it is empty. I have pieced one top, another is almost done and I have about 1/2 of the blocks pieced for another one. I think that I still have enough scraps and old, not so cute, fabric left to make two more. I have a big pot of potato soup cooking in the crock pot, so I should be free to keep at it today.

Hug&Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment