Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Project, Disappearing Nine Patch


I had heard about the Disappearing Nine Patch pattern from another quilter and of course I have to try it. I am pulling all of my purple and green scraps, cutting them all into 4 inch squares. Here is my first block, this is a lot of fun.
The blocks will finish up about 10 inches. I am not sure how big it will be or where it will find a home, but I just need to use up some of my scraps. This is a good way to get some experience, as I have only been quilting a little over a year now.

I have 3 other projects in the works also. When I started quilting I swore that I would start and finish "1" project at a time. Well that vow went right out the window in a quick hurry. I am doing a couple of BOM's and another group project. I will post picture's and info about those at a later time.

Just for your info, Eleanor Burn's, Quilt in a Day site is having a sale, 37 pages of fabric at $3.00 a yard. Of course I just had to see if I could melt my credit card, LOL. You might want to check it out.

Happy Quilting, Julia

Gratitudes for today,
1- Dh home today, he can help look after our 6 year old son, so that I can sew!!!!
2- A little cooler today!!
3- Quilt fabric sale!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment