Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Utah Trip

On Monday, Kristy (DD) and I, with all 4 children (her 3, my 1), headed to Ogden,UT. She was going down to take her state boards for nursing. We stayed at my brother and sister-in-laws. First we had to hit a couple of our favorite stores in the area. And of course have lunch at the Olive Garden. She is just going to love me for sharing this photo with you all. LOL Just gotta love those bread sticks though!!! DGS thought he needed to wear Mommy's sunglasses.

We then went to my brother's house and spent the evening just relaxing and visiting.

Early the next morning Kristy left to take her test. She was so nervous. She had to wait 48 hours before she could get her results. So the last couple of days have been pretty stressful waiting for the results. She found out yesterday that she PASSED and will be getting her Registered Nursing license in the mail in a couple of weeks. We are so proud of her. It has been a long haul for her. She has had all 3 of her children during her schooling.



After she finished her test Tuesday morning, we loaded up the children, left my brother and SIL with hug and kisses, then headed to Salt Lake City. My DS wanted to go see the Salt Lake temple and to visit Temple Square. We are members of the LDS church and he has heard me talk of the statue of Jesus in the visitor's center and really wanted to see it. I love going there. It is so spiritual and uplifting. It was very hot that day, but the children had a good time.







We also went on a tour of the LDS Conference Center. It is the first time that I have been there. WOW, what a building. If you are ever in SLC and have a little time, I encourage you to go on the tour. It is very interesting and gorgeous architecture. Well worth your time, even if you are not Mormon.
This pic was taken from the roof with the temple in the background.

Of course, we had to finish our trip with some more shopping. lol
All in all we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment