Thursday, July 5, 2012

Two Color Quilt Progress


I have had to put my Two Color Quilt aside for awhile to make a couple of birthday presents. This is the center of the quilt and I have made a few of the small stars for the border. I love this pattern! These fabrics are so yummy! I might be making another one, because my dd loves it too! But, her Daddy says she can't have this one! He wants this one to go on our bed. I love it when my family fights over my creations! lol :)










This is the birthday presents. I am making 2 of these for my twin grandnieces. They will be turning 8 years old in June. I am going to add borders and do little machine embroidery motifs in the white squares. Horses for one and music notes for the other one. I did the designing for this one in EQ6. I love that program! I use it a lot. It is a great way to play with block and color placement.



We went on a walk yesterday afternoon. It was so warm and beautiful. We have had several days of rain and clouds. I love the rain!!! But, it was nice to get out for some fresh air and spend time with my DS and DH. Ethan had to stop and throw a few rocks in the river. The river is running swift and high now with the spring run-off. So good to see that there will be plenty of water for this growing season.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and May God Bless those who have and do protect our freedom!!! May He also bless their families!!!

Hugs & Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment