Thursday, March 3, 2011

I haven't fallen off of the planet........

I have just been riding the huge wave called life!! Things have been way out of the ordinary here. Some of them good, some of them not so good.

First school started and that is always a little chaotic for me until we get a routine developed. Everything is going nice and smooth on the school front now. Maybe, I shouldn't say that out loud. I might jinx myself. :~)

We had company on Labor Day. My brother and his family came up from Utah. It has been a couple of months since we seen them, so it was nice to spend the day visiting with them.
But, after they went home, my Dad had some mild, emergency medical issues and I spent the next couple of hours with him and Mom in Urgent Care. Without going into details, he is fine now. This past Tuesday he had a colonoscopy done and everything is o.k. Nothing was seriously wrong. Just needs to quit taking aspirin, his blood was way to thin.

Last week was the Eastern Idaho State Fair. We spent a couple of days wandering around there. Riding the carnival rides, eating, looking at the animals, eating, watching the free entertainment, eating, looking at quilts (sorry no pics). Did I mention eating. :~) We did way to much of that activity. lol

On Sept 6, this sweet, handsome young man was baptized.

We are so proud of Ethan and the choice that he has made. It was such a special day. We saved his birthday party for this wonderful day. I made him a cake in the shape of an eight. I am not a very talented cake decorator, so no pictures of that one. ;~) Isn't he handsome, all dressed up in his Sunday best?

During the middle of all of this activity, I had the stomach flu for a couple of days. I am feeling better from that. But now, I have a miserable head cold! Argh!!!!! My nose looks like Rudolph and my sleep is being interrupted by fits of coughing. I thought the cold and flu season was in the winter months, not now! Maybe, I will get it all over with and be germ free the rest of the fall and winter. Ha! I have also been daycare for daughter's 3 darling children the past 2 weeks. Thank goodness, their Daddy will be home for the next 2 weeks and I get a break. Chasing after 4 children between the ages of 8 and 1 1/2, can be exhausting and stressful!

I have some really exciting news to share with you but, I want to take some pictures first. I will try and get some good pics today and tell you all about it later today or tomorrow.

I am going to be freezing up some of garden bounty today. So nice to enjoy the fruits of your labor all winter long.


During all of this excitement and chaos, there are those special, tender moments, that make you step back and count all of your wonderful blessings. Who can't find peace and comfort when looking upon a sleeping child. I couldn't resist taking a picture of him, all cozy and zonked out on my pillow. Sure wish his Mom had taken his shoes off first though, that's my side of the bed! For Pete's sake! ;~)

Hugs & Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment