Saturday, March 5, 2011

Apple Goodness!!!!



Yesterday morning was one of those perfect, crisp, fresh fall days. After dropping Ethan and Karlee (granddaughter) off at school, I went for a walk around this little lake not to far from Ethan's school. This is a picture taken from a little bridge that crosses over the river inlet. It is about 2 miles going all the way around it.

On Monday when I walked here, there was about 100 or so Canadian Geese in the water. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me. I brought it with me this time thinking that I could get a picture. Well, here is all that I seen. :~)No geese! I am not even sure what kind of water fowl these are. The little squirrel posed very cute for me though. :~)

When I returned home I spent the rest of the morning in the kitchen. After browsing around on the internet the other day I came across this recipe for making applesauce in the crockpot. Yummy and oh so easy! We all love it!!!!!! I will be making more of this and freezing it. Take some time and check out all of her yummy recipes for the crockpot! Very worth your time!

























I made this too! It is from an old family recipe. One of our fall time favorites! Not sure where it got it's name though, as it is more like a cobbler.
Apple Pudding
Cream together --- 2 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 T butter
Add -- 4 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg (I like to use the whole nutmeg and shave off my own using my micro-plane)
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
Mix well with a large spoon and press into a greased 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
I like to squeeze the juice of a lemon over my apples slices before mixing in the other ingredients.

Let me know if you try this recipe and how you like it.

Hugs&Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment