Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Doing My Part

A little while ago Kim/Kim's Big Quilting Adventure challenged us all to help the economy and get out there and shop!!! So being the good American that I am, I took that challenge and let my fingers do some shopping on the internet. Here is some of the things that I found to add to my stash. Now remember this was all just to do my part in saving America one box at a time. :)

Does anyone have a really good jelly roll pattern? I have a few of these now and I am not sure how I want to use them. The first 2 are Shangri-la by Three Sisters. I think that this collection is just glorious and scrumptious!
This is Fall Back in Time by Sandy Gervais. I bought some yardage that was on sale to go with this one.

I love this quilt kit!!! I love red, white, and blue. But, I guess you already knew that, being the good American that I am. lol It is Prairie Paisley, by Minick & Simpson. This is my first kit. I love this pattern!!! I am sure that I will make this one more than once. I can see it some of the darker, richer colors of Kansas Trouble Quilters and of course, it would be fantastic in Thimbleberries fabrics.I am going to make my daughter a new diaper bag. The one she has needs to be condemned. When I showed this to her, she didn't know what sock monkey's were. I thought that I was a good mother, but I guess not. I had neglected to teach her about sock monkeys. Well, it is never to late and now she knows!! Maybe I should make her children some sock monkeys to make up for my neglect of her. Can you still get these brown socks? hmmmmm I will have to go on a search for them.So as you can see, I have been having quite a bit of fun, clicking my mouse, and enjoying that chocolate that Andrea sent me. YUMMO!! Is there anything more satisfying than shopping and eating chocolate, all while in your comfy jammies? It has to be right at the top of the list!!!

I have some more things to show you, finished projects. But, that will be another day and another post. When I first started this blogging thing, I wasn't sure I would know what to talk about. But, I am having no trouble at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment