Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Totes

We have two granddaughters with birthdays this month. They are sister's, 7 years old and 3 years old. I decided to make them each a little purse/tote. What girl doesn't like a new purse now and then. :~) I thought that I would also fill them up with some goodies. I had lots of fun making these.

As you can see in the picture, I made the handles on the 3 year old's a little shorter.

Right while I am having fun making totes, I think that I am going to make me a big one for carrying things in when I go to classes and retreats/sewing days with friends.

I am still waiting on the border fabric for the Purple Star quilt. It should be here this week sometime. I usually don't name my quilts, but I think that I am going to give this one a name, "Blackberry Twilight". What do you think? I really need to get into labeling my quilts. I usually always put a label on the ones that I make for gifts, but I never seem to put a label on the ones that I keep. Not that I really stress over it, it just might be interesting after a few years to be able to see the date that I made them.

Hugs&Stitches, Jul♥a

I hope that those of you living in Australia are safe and not involved in those terrible fires. You and your countrymen are in my thoughts and in my prayers. :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment