Sunday, August 12, 2012

Two Finishes!

I finished the wall hanging from the Kim Deihl class that I took. This is from her "Simple Seasons" book. I wanted to get it finished to enjoy for this Halloween, so I did some machine stippling in the background and I did the big stitch hand quilting in the details. I really like it! My fingers are a little bit sore from the hand quilting. For some reason I hate thimbles, they seem awkward to me. But, if I do much hand quilting I am going to have to get used to them.

What is your favorite thimble?

As you can see in the picture I used clothespins to hang it up. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can hang quilts on this little shelf? The rail is attached to the sides, so it doesn't slide in and out. If I had a bigger quilt, with less detail, I could just drape it over the rail, but with this kind I am not sure what would be the best way to attach it. I am open to any ideas and suggestions. I really like the shelf and want to keep using it.


I made up this scrub top for Kristy (our RN daughter) last night. This is some of the fabric I bought on the shop hop. She wants me to make her a scrub top for each holiday. They sew up really fast! I am just not into sewing clothes as much as I used to be, so I kind of have to force myself to sit down and make them.



Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs&Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment