Sunday, August 12, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!

I love fall! It could be this season for about 6 months of the year and I would be perfectly happy. I love the weather, the smells, the foods, the cozy feeling in my home, the time to quilt, the warm, earthy colors, I just love it all! I like decorating my home to fit the season. My daughter wanted to learn how to do stitchery this past summer. So we did a quick internet search for some stitchery patterns, dug out my old box of embroidery floss and the fun began! We have made several, but this is the only one that I have made into a completed project, so far.

I really enjoy doing them, nice to do some hand work once in awhile. We did a little tea-staining on these. Does anyone have any tips for tea-staining? I would like mine to be a little more splotchy, darker and a little more vintage looking. Couldn't seem to come up with the exact look that I was going for.


This just makes me smile. I like "cutesy" Halloween, not "evil" Halloween. This just fits the bill for "cutesy" in my book. This was a lot of fun to make. I did some freehand meandering loops for the quilting and I tried to outline the applique. That is not easy! I will definitely have to practice that some more. :~)

This table runner is another little bit of quilty, cutsey for Halloween. This picture is not real good, the colors are brighter and richer. A photographer I am not. :~)

I am getting ready to go on my first quilt retreat next week! YAY!!! I am so excited! Three days with 8 friends, doing nothing but sewing, laughing, eating and relaxing! I have big plans to get lots done. We shall see if that happens. Either way it will be a blast!

Hugs&Stitches, Jul♥a

No comments:

Post a Comment