Thursday, February 2, 2012

Summer Storms and Garden Friends

I was out checking on my garden and noticed this beautiful little friend that had come for a visit. Isn't it pretty!

My garden is doing excellent this year, despite the fact that I planted it all way to close together. ;~) I can't wait for my tomatoes to ripen and my cucumbers to be big enough to eat. I have the cutest little butternut squash right now. So fun to go out and check on it everyday. I love home grown food. We are going to increase the size of our garden next year. I am wanting to try my hand at canning some tomatoes and making some salsa for canning.

Friday evening we were sitting outside enjoying a nice summer afternoon in the shade of our trees, when we noticed a nice summer storm developing. I love clouds! About 15 minutes after I took this picture, the sky opened and rains came down pretty hard for about 30 minutes. There was some pretty good rumbles of thunder too. I also love the sound of thunder! We stood in our garage and enjoyed the beauty and power of nature.


I'll leave you with a picture of this beautiful pink lily growing in my flower garden.



Not to much quilty going on right now. I have been helping my daughter paint her kitchen this week. I am having withdrawals! :~)

Hugs & Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment