Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Wallhanging

I was able to finish my new wallhanging that I mentioned buying the fabric for. I think that this is my favorite one so far. The colors in the close up photo are a little more accurate. I used the Thimbleberries Fancy Free collection. The colors are so rich and warm, perfect for the end of summer. In the close up photo you can see the detail of the design I did with my embroidery machine. I did this in all of the light squares, using a variegated cotton quilting thread. I do this through the top and the batting, then I put the back on and stitched in the ditch. The designs I used are from Embroidery Library "Vintage Sunflowers"

I am babysitting my baby grandson today, so I probably won't get the dress pictures posted that I promised. Maybe if he takes a good nap this afternoon.

All those involved with the horrible weather in the Midwest, are in my thoughts and prayers. May God be with you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment