Thursday, February 9, 2012

Design Wall

I have been doing some spring cleaning and rearranging of furniture in my sewing room the past few weeks. I have always wanted a design wall, but could never really figure out where to put one. Well, the door was in my way as I was doing the rearranging, so I decided who needs a door anyway! Off it came! After carrying it out of the room, I came back in and there was this nice blank area on the wall! My perfect design wall space has been hiding behind my door all of this time! :~)While running some errands the other day, I went into Lowe's and picked up a sheet of that insulation stuff, it is used for the outside of houses underneath siding. My sweet, handy-man Pappy (Dad) helped me to put it up. We located the studs in the walls, used some wood screws with larger washers, so that the screws wouldn't pull thru. I covered it with thin batting, using T-pins to hold it on. I love it!!!!! Would be nice if it could be bigger, but I am grateful for what I have!

I made another friendship block for a member of my guild. I always do paper-piecing for these. One of these days I am going to make an entire quilt with this method. I really like doing it. It doesn't go as fast for me as regular piecing. But, oh the results, precision points and the fun designs are so worth!



I am going to spend the day at the quilt show with my two dearest friends today! The sun is shining, birds are singing. It is going to be a wonderful day!

Hugs&Stitches, Jul♥a

No comments:

Post a Comment