Friday, December 9, 2011

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn!!!

Happy Autumn, Everyone!!!!

This is one of my favorite days of the year, Fall Equinox!!! I LOVE fall!! As the days begin to cool, the air gets crisp and fresh, the nights are cold enough to add another quilt to the bed. Ahhhhhhh!! A cozy feeling permeates my home! It is time to light some spicy scented candles, to add to the warm and cozy feeling. I want to start baking bread and cookies. And the best of all, it is time for soups!!!!! Not much better than a crock-pot full of a yummy soup, simmering all day to meld the flavors together. YUMMO!!!!

This is one of my favorite trees. It is in my front yard. It is the first to show it's beautiful fall colors.

I was able to work on my project from the Kim Diehl class. I have all of the applique done, just have the borders left to piece and sew on. Then on to the big stitch quilting. I haven't done big stitch before, so it should be interesting to try. I need to hit the LQS to pick up the perle cotton first though.
I have a couple of projects with deadlines that need to be completed before I can add the borders and start the quilting.

Thanks to all of those who left me Anniversary wishes. I especially enjoyed all of the comments as to how young I look. :~) You have all swelled my head a little. :~) A couple of you asked about my skin care regime, I don't really have one. I use just whatever facial cleanser I happen to pick up at the store. I have used Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF 15 for years now. That is pretty much it. I guess that I have been blessed with good skin. Not so blessed with a good metabolism though. LOL

Hugs&Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment