Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mom's Quilt

I made this quilt for my Mom. I started making it last spring and I ran out of the fabric for the setting triangles. After a frantic internet search, I was able to find some. But, I put it aside, hoping Randy would buy me the HQ. :~) As you know, he did buy it for me and this was my first "real" quilt that I did on it. I finished it just in time for her to use the day she had to have some medical tests, she snuggled under it the rest of the day while she was resting. I love the panto that I used. It is called "Fantasia". My quilting in not perfect, but I feel that I am improving. Now if I could just get brave enough to try something freehand besides stippling. :~)

Thanks for all of your suggestions on a name for the fall quilt. I think that I am going to go with "Autumn Breeze". Libby gave me the idea for it. I knew that I could count on all of you! :~) I was just reading this post by Bonnie , about quilters and the bond that we share. Wonderful how a common thread (pun intended-hehe) links us all, despite the miles, circumstances, and different walks of life that separate us. A true sisterhood! One that I am very thankful to be a part of.

Hugs&Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment