Monday, October 4, 2010

Big Stars!


Are you getting sick of seeing this project yet? hehe

I finished the big star border on Thursday. The next border has 6 small stars each, in two of the opposing corners. I have those all made up and ready to go. I was all excited, thinking that I could get them on yesterday and loaded onto SuzyQ today. But, not to be. :~(

I have been collecting the fabric for this quilt for quite some time. Every time I would see a purple, cream or tan Civil War repo, it would come home with me. Needless to say, I WAY over bought. I seem to do that a lot. ;~) I have enough fabric for at least one more, maybe two quilts. That's okay though, Kristy wants one too. But, I will probably pick a different pattern. I have so many different patterns that I want to make, I rarely make the same one twice.

Well, even with this pile of fabric,

I still didn't have enough of the one that I decided on for the border. I want to use the one laying out in front. I did a frantic search on the internet and finally found some. It is on it's way to me now. I am not putting this back on the shelf, it is going to stay out on my table and I will finish it as soon as the border fabric arrives. I am not sure how I am going to quilt it yet, but those big center triangles are telling me to do some custom quilting. eep! That still scares me, so I think that I won't listen to them. hehe I have some fun new feathery pantos that just arrived last week, I think that I will be using one of those.

Hey, guess what? I went for one, 2 mile walk in January. I know, I know. I need to quit overdoing it! hehe It was a nice sunny, day yesterday, so I hit the walking path before I picked up Ethan from school. I did 2 miles. Oh, and some time walking around 3 fabric stores too! I am trying to get back into it. I'll get recommitted. I promise. ;~)

Hugs&Stitches, Jul♥a

No comments:

Post a Comment