Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Decorations

This has been a very good, relaxing day. After a very spiritually, uplifting, morning at church, I came home and decided that I couldn't look at the Halloween decorations anymore. So away they went for another year and out came Thanksgiving. As I don't have many Thanksgiving decorations it only took me about 10 minutes. I am almost embarrassed to show you though. You would think that a quilter would have a much better table runner than just a piece of fabric. hehe

I am going to leave this old tablecloth out though and make a runner with it for next year. The piece of furniture that this is sitting on, was an old buffet or side board, that belonged to my dear MIL. Randy refinished it a few years ago and now it sits in our living room. I love it! I made the little Thanksgiving scene lots of years ago when I used to do ceramics. It is one of my favorite holiday decorations. You can't see the little turkey very well. But, it is so cute.

This little wallhanging was one of the first things that I made when I began to quilt 3 years ago. I did the embroidery with my Bernina 630, the designs came from here.

Hope that your day has been a great one too!

Hugs&Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment