Saturday, November 10, 2012

SuzyQ Class

I went to my first class on SuzyQ today. It was so worth the time and the 35 mile drive. I learned lots. We didn't do much sewing today. We learned all about threads, tensions, needles, how to load a quilt, caring for the machine, etc. The next class is on the 13th. It will be doing the actual quilting How to use the ruler base, rulers, stencils, free-motion, pantos, etc. I am loving the machine!!

I did finish the quilt using the cheater type inexpensive fabric, that I mentioned earlier. I am quite pleased with it. I will take pictures of it tomorrow, too dark now. I have a baby quilt for charity, on SuzyQ right now. It is just a simple pieced top from some flannel scraps. After this one, I think that I will be ready for a "real" quilt. I finished up a flimsy tonight for my Mom. Pictures of that one later too. It will be my first "real" quilt to try on my new toy!

Next Thursday I am going on a Shop Hop to Salt Lake City, UT with my quilt guild . It should be lots of fun. Despite the fact that I will have to get up at 5:00 a.m.!!! ;~) It will be a very long day, but, to shop, you have to be willing to make sacrifices! lol

We are doing a Crayon Challenge in my guild. At our last meeting we drew 3 crayons from a bucket and we have to make a quilt of any size using those colors. Our deadline is the March meeting. I drew 3 of the ugliest colors ever! lolBright colors are not my thing and as you can see, two of mine are bright! This should be interesting. I am going to take my crayons on the Shop Hop to see what I can find. I think that I will be making something on the small side. :~) A large quilt of these three colors would be really ugly! IMHO I am going to keep an open mind though.

I leave you with a picture of our grandson. I put piggy tales in his hair the other day. I was trying to shame his mother into getting his hair cut. :~) Wouldn't he make an adorable girl though. LOL Hugs&Stitches, Julia

Walking report----I have walked 3 days this week for a total of 8 miles. I hope to add 3 miles to that total in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment