Friday, October 12, 2012

Spring Bag/Purse

I hope that you all had a wonderful and blessed Easter Sunday! I love Easter! Such a time of hope and renewal. My testimony of the atonement and resurrection of my Savior gives me the strength and desire to live a better life.

I just finished up these cute bags. I made one for me-----

and one for Kristy.

I used this pattern from Indygo Junction. I had one "Sultry" jelly roll and I used up every bit of it. I used the lighter strips for the lining. With the little leftover bits and strips, I made us each a little cosmetic bag to match. These just say "Spring" to me!!! The drapery grommets were very easy to use. It did make me a little nervous to start cutting holes in a finished bag though. Just have to make sure you have it marked exactly where you want them before that first snip of the scissors! Ask me how I know, eep!!!! Kristy's has a cute little appliqued circle covering up that little boo-boo. :~)

I am going to get brave and enter my "Blackberry Twilight" quilt in a show this next week. I need to get a hanging sleeve sewed on, for displaying purposes. I don't really care if I win anything. But, it does make me a little nervous to have my work judged.

Windy and cool here today, a cold front is going to be moving through the next couple of days. So no outside work or play. I will just have to spend more time in the sewing room. I think that I might make me a couple of lightweight summer tops. While at Wal-Mart today, I browsed through the pattern books and found a couple of patterns that I liked. It has been so long since I made any clothing, other than scrub tops for Kristy. I hope that I remember how! :~)

Hugs&Stiches, Jul♥a

No comments:

Post a Comment