Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SPRING!


I seen this design on Kim's blog last spring and I loved it! To my utter delight she published the pattern this spring. You can purchase it from her Etsy shop. Now this little cutie is hanging on my wall! I just had to throw in a yellow tulip! I used rick rack for the stems instead of piecing them. I did some free-motion quilting on it. I really struggled with how to quilt the tulips and after about 4 hours of stitching and unpicking, I threw my hands in the air and just did something simple. I am not all that proud of it. I have such a long, long, long, long way to go on my free-motion quilting. Except meandering and loops, I can do those. Anything else looks like a 2 year old did it! lol Pantos I can do with no trouble now, for the most part anyway. This free-motion stuff is going to take tons of practice, practice, practice! I don't mind practicing free motion stuff on my quilts, but I am a long way from ready to do it for others! I think that I need to throw some practice fabric on SuzyQ and just play!

It is raining here today, which is perfect timing, because Randy put our spring fertilizer on the lawn yesterday. The grass will be pretty and green in no time! We spent most of Saturday getting the yard cleaned up, finished trimming trees, etc. Now I have to spend some good quality time in the sewing room. I have three birthday quilts to make by the first of June!

Hugs&Stiches, Jul♥a
"Do one thing everyday that makes you happy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment