Friday, May 4, 2012

Baseball and Sewing

We spent the day at the ballpark last Saturday. It was tournament for our little slugger. They won second place. I was so proud of them. They have all had lots of fun. I love baseball! We have a minor league team, the Chukars, that are just 30 miles away. I will be taking Ethan to some of those games this summer. He wants to see how the pros play. :0) Here he is getting his trophy and his medal for second place. See the little black smudges under his eyes, the coach put that on all of them just like the pros. They all thought that they were pretty cool. Too cute!!!!!




Here is a picture of the quilt that I made for the Boy Scout rummage sell. It is just a quick little I-Spy type quilt. I used the leftover fabrics from the quilt that I made my granddaughter for Christmas. I hope that it will help their cause.








This is my progress on the quilt that I am making for my BIL's birthday. I just need to decide for sure what I am going to do for the borders. I am trying to shop from my stash but, I don't know if I have just the right thing or not. The pattern calls for some Bear's Paw blocks in the border. I think I might change it a little. I got the pattern out of Quiltmaker Nov/Dec 06 magazine. This part has sewn up really fast. I haven't made log cabin blocks for awhile, forgot how much fun they were. :)

Hope that you are all finding some time to stitch a little.

Hugs & Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment