Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Charity Quilts

I am still here!!! I have been extremely busy since I last posted. It was our baby's 7th birthday, we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary, first month of school, and I have made 3 baby quilts, 3 twin size quilts and 1 lap size quilt. All for charity. My church has been asking for quilts to get ready for winter, they have a huge world wide humanitarian effort and this time of year there is a great need for quilts. So I have been stash busting and making string blocks like crazy. I still need to take some more pictures, but here is one of them.


Oh, I also made a baby quilt for my nephew's little girl. He is in the service, stationed in Germany. He and his little family were able to come home for a visit before he will ship out to Iraq again, for the third time.


Whew!!! I am tired just reading all of that. Hope to get back to posting a little more regularly. Even though I haven't been keeping you all up to date, I have tried to keep up with what you all have been up to. I may not always leave comments, but I do try to read everyday.

During all of this busyness, one of you wonderful blogger's sent me something that I will treasure forever. I will leave you in suspense for now, but I will post about it as soon as I get some pictures taken of this wonderful surprise.

Good nite, my friends and thanks for stopping by!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment