Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Swap

Blogger is driving me insane!!!!! I have tried 3 times to do this post. But, it is not letting me upload my pictures. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! I'll try once more. YEA!!! So far so good.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Here is our youngest son with his ISPY quilt. Thanks again to Nines for the adoption quotes. He loves it!!!


My Mom and Dad with the quilt that I made for them. It will go on their queen size bed. Mom wants me to make matching pillow shams, I have never made any ot those yet, do any of you have any hints and tips for me? This fabric is from Connecting Threads, Victorian Parlor. I like it, but I am not sure if I would use their fabric again for another project. It was a little lower thread count and it tended to fray along the edges when I was working with it. Not bad enough to make the seams weak, just really messy. Another issue, I ordered it from the internet and the color of the darker print, they called navy, which was what I wanted and when it came it seemed more of a charcoal color to me. What do you think?



I have been busy this past week getting my Winter Swap done. The package is the only picture that I will show until my partner receives it. I sent it out Jan 7. I had so much fun designing and making this. I will definitely sign up for the next swap. I can't wait until my partner gets it. Almost more exciting than Christmas presents.



Speaking of Christmas, I always just ask for money, then I can get what I really want, also my Hubby hates to shop, so it makes it a lot easier for him too. So far, I have purchased these 4 books.
The new one by Kim Diehl is just outstanding. I want to make every quilt in it and the recipes all sound wonderful. I have been wanting the Prairie Children book since it came out and I was able to find it on sale for half price. I want to make all of those too! My 5 year old granddaughter wants all of them for her baby dolls too! I guess I had better get busy. vbs

Christmas decorations are down, I have replaced them with my snowmen. I LOVE snowmen!!! This is a picture of a little wall hanging that I made last year.

I must get walking now. A couple of years ago, I lost 35 lbs. I would like to lose about 20 more, this is the year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment