It is now on its way to its new home. I hope that she will like it. These have been fun to do. Thanks Margaret, for organizing them. I have meet some very nice friends through these swaps. Some have become very dear to me. I treasure their friendship and the way that they have enriched my life. :~)
I did the applique using the Kim Diehl method. I did the background quilting and outlined the applique on SuzyQ. The rest of it by hand, using the big stitch method and embroidery floss. I have found that even small projects, I would still rather do on SuzyQ, than with my 630 and the BSR. I just feel that I can do better with it. And it is sooooo very much fun!!! :~) I think that I might be ready to try a little more free-motion quilting now. I am going to load some ugly fabric on and try playing around.
I finally got brave enough to take "Blackberry Twilight" to the laundry mat today. They had a great big over-sized washer, so it had plenty of room to move. I used the Synthropol and two Shout color catcher sheets. Those sheets were really purple when they came out. It didn't take out all of the dye where it bleed onto the cream. But it is so much better. I really have to look closely now to see it. Overall I am much happier with it. I can't get a good picture right now to show you. It is very gloomy and cloudy this afternoon. It has been raining most of the day. My favorite kind of day, actually. I love the rain!!! I will try and get a picture when the light is better. I will be using the Synthropol and the color catcher sheets when I wash all my quilts in the future. Thanks for all of your suggestions and help.