Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Organizing and Tag

I am a little stiff and sore this morning. My sewing room was in desperate need of some reorganizing.
I used to have my machine in this cabinet,

for some reason I decided that I didn't want to use and put my machine on this table. Bad idea!

(ignore the mess, I am still putting away a few little things) It was really to high for comfortable sewing. I brought the cabinet back up from the family room. Let me tell you that wasn't to easy. Randy was at work last night, so Ethan had to help me. Coming up a flight of stairs with a heavy piece of furniture and just the muscles of an 8 year old boy and his lots older than that Mom, was not to easy! But, we did it!! My room is a little more cramped now. But, I think it will be okay. Who needs tons of floor space anyway right? LOL By the way, these are the after photos.

Julie tagged me some time ago to give seven random things about myself. After much thought, here goes!

1- The name on my birth certificate is not my name. Let me explain that. Sitting in the hospital after my birth, Dad and Mom agreed on a name, filled out the birth certificate and brought thier little bundle of joy home. A month later when it was time to bless me (give me a name and blessing through the church), the name they decided on was not the name that my father gave to me in that blessing. It seems that my grandfather wanted me named after his mother and so he talked Dad into changing it, unbeknownst to my mother. What a surprise that must have been for her! It was meant to be that I carry the name of my great-grandmother though, recently we found a picture of her and I look quite a bit like her. So all is well!

2-I love to change my hair color every year or so! I am currently a dark reddish brown!

3-I have never broken a bone! Close last night getting that sewing cabinet up the stairs! (Just kidding!)

4-I don't like to shop except for quilty things of course. That's not shopping though, that is mental therapy! :~)

5-I have always lived here in the beautiful Snake River Valley of Idaho! When I married I moved just 12 miles from my childhood home and I have been here ever since. I love it here!

6-I had a complete hysterectomy when I was just 26 years old.

7-I hate hot dogs! You know the whole, on a bun, with relish and what not, YUCK! But, I love corn dogs. A little wierd, I know. :~)


Now I must get back to organizing so that I can sew!!!

Hugs&Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment