Friday, August 3, 2012

Gardening Adventure

It is a lovely day here today, not to hot and just a slight little breeze. I decided that I had better go out and do some work on my gardens, both veggie and flower. My tomatoes and squash are growing like crazy. I read somewhere that you should trim some of the leaves off of your tomato plants to let the light into the center of them. I have never done this before but I decided to give it a try this year. I think that I might have planted things a little to close. I always have a hard time with that. They are so small when I plant them in the spring, it seems that I have left plenty of room, but as you can see, I didn't!
After trimming them and pulling a few weeds, I went over to my flower garden. I had to trim the lower branches off of these trees. See that irrigation ditch there, well I fell in it! I just about lost my favorite comfy flip flops to the sucking mud pit. After providing a good laugh for everyone, I was getting ready to clean my feet with the hose and I thought, "No, I must take a picture and write about my adventure on my blog!" :)
So, there you have it. Go ahead you might as well join in on the laughter too!!!

We will be eating fresh yummy radishes for dinner tonight! I love home grown food. Next year we are going to make our garden bigger and better. We have so much land that we need to make better use of it.

Hugs & Stitches, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment